WATCH: Preview the 26th Festival of Cultures on June 10 at the Levitt at the Falls
Day of ethnic food, music, art and dance begins at 10 a.m. and ends with a concert by Chilean artist Pascuala Ilabaca y Fauna.
Click below to watch Sioux Falls Live Editor Patrick Lalley interview Rebecca Kiesow-Knudsen, president and CEO of Lutheran Social Services , and Valeria Wicker, program supervisor for the Multi-Cultural Center, about the upcoming Festival of Cultures.
For more details on the festival, scroll down to the story below the video player.
SIOUX FALLS — The 26th Festival of Cultures is moving to the Levitt at the Falls for this year's annual celebration, with ethnic food, music, dance, art and activities highlighting the diverse populations of the city.
The annual festival will be June 10 from 10 a.m. to
3 p.m. at the Levitt concert shell on North Phillips Avenue. The evening will conclude with a performance by Chilean artist Pascuala Ilabaca y Fauna, part of the Levitt's series of 50 concerts downtown this summer.
This is the first year of the festival since the Multi-Cultural Center integrated with Lutheran Social Services in October 2022.
"The Festival of Cultures was created to recognize and celebrate the rich cultural diversity that continues to grow in our city. LSS is excited to be a part of that, and grateful for the partnerships that help make the event as wide-reaching and engaging as possible," said Rebecca Kiesow-Knudsen, president and CEO of LSS.
This year's festival is presented by First PREMIER Bank/PREMIER Bankcard. All activities are free and open to the public.
"There's a really wonderful lineup this year, and so many activities. It's a great event for families," said Kiesow-Knudsen. "We invite everyone to come out and enjoy the day with us!"
Here is the schedule of events:
- 10 a.m. – Welcome and Mayor's proclamation
- 10:15 a.m. – Tuff Roots
- 11:10 a.m. – PEGAN Musica Band: Afrobeats Dance
- 11:35 a.m. – Durga Gurung: Nepalese Traditional Dance
- 12:10 p.m. – Sioux Falls Lion Dance Team
- 12:50 p.m. – Ballet Folklorico Estrellas de Jalisco
- 1 p.m. – Wicoun: A Play by Larissa Fast Horse, Coliseum
- 2:10 p.m. – Starr and Dallas Chief Eagle: Lakota Hoop Dancers/Cultural Educators
- 7 p.m. – Parade of Flags, Levitt at the Falls front stage
- 7 p.m. – Levitt at the Falls Concert - Pascuala Ilabaca and Sabor del Sur, front stage
For more information on this year's Festival of Cultures, including volunteer opportunities, visit Festival.LssSD.org .